Maguindanao Inaul Spring 2021
Regular price $125.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Inaul means "woven" in Maguindanaoan known for its geometric designs. This has been considered a status symbol and is referred as an object of "Barabangsa" (dignity). It takes about 2-3 weeks to make one of these beauties. These malongs were woven with either tanor (cottony thread), silky rayon or katiyado (super shiny thread). Sometimes a combination of the three. These pieces were handwoven by Babu Normina of Sultan Kudarat.
- Binitun - Stars
- Sahaya - A contemporary pattern named after Princess Sahaya from an island in Mindanao
- Gunsi - A traditional pattern inspired from "gunsi" or keys
- Kulipis - A traditional pattern meaning "twirl or twirling"
- Makabimban - A traditional pattern meaning "enticing" due to its vibrant colors
- Kayupo - A traditional pattern inspired from fern flowers
- Kinaranda - A traditional pattern inspired from a brassware called "karanda"
- Dinal'Man - A traditional pattern meaning "to put in a box"
- Puntak - A traditional pattern meaning "sprinkle"